We Value Your Privacy
Last updated: May 3, 2017
11. INFINITI DEALERS
12. CONTACT US
1. Objective & Scope of Policy
For quality assurance purposes, we may monitor and record calls to our customer service department.
2. The Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
INFINITI collects various types of information from or about you and your vehicle such as: your name, address, telephone/cellphone number, email address, title, language preferences, age, education, occupation, marital and/or family status, VIN, and credit history and financial information when you entered into a lease or loan contract.
INFINITI collects Personal Information from you in a number of different ways:
- • Directly from you, for example, when you complete a survey, participate in a contest or event, when you enter into a lease or loan contract with INFINITI or an affiliate and/or you purchase other products and services from INFINITI or an affiliate, such as an extended services plan.
- • When you visit an INFINITI website.
- • From our dealers, for example, when you purchase or lease an INFINITI vehicle, service your vehicle or take a test drive.
- • From credit bureaus and consumer reporting agencies when you apply to enter a into a lease or loan contract.
INFINITI does not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, and does not use such information if INFINITI discovers that it has been provided by a minor. If a child has already provided us with Personal Information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
INFINITI may use and disclose your Personal Information to:
- • manage our relationship with you, including to facilitate, complete or confirm any transaction or purchase of goods or services you choose to enter with us, including warranty coverage;
- • provide you with offers, incentives, marketing and/or promotional materials such as brochures and special offers, and other information about INFINITI and its products and services and the products and services offered by a third party;
- • evaluate your application for a lease or loan contract, and if you are approved, to administer and manage your account, including without limitation, for the purposes of credit reporting;
- • manage your purchase, lease or loan contract, including, reviewing credit applications, evaluating your credit and conducting initial and periodic credit checks;
- • operate our websites in accordance with their terms and conditions;
- • collect amounts owing to INFINITI, which may include realizing security interests in vehicles;
- • manage INFINITI's relationship with its dealers;
- • improve INFINITI’s products and services;
- • administer any extended service plan benefits and services;
- • conduct customer surveys and participate in market research studies conducted by organizations on behalf of INFINITI;
- • conduct promotional activities including contests;
- • respond to your questions, or provide you with information or materials you have requested;
- • meet any legal or regulatory requirements, including notifying you of any product recalls or notices, or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law; and
- • such other purposes consistent with the foregoing purposes or which are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership or assignment of all or part of INFINITI or its assets or shares. This will occur only if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information is restricted to those purposes that relate to the business transaction, including a determination of whether or not to proceed with the business transaction, and is to be used by the parties to carry out and complete the business transaction.
Please note that there are circumstances where INFINITI may use and/or disclose your Personal Information without your consent, such as when disclosure:
- • is permitted or required by law, court order, administrative agency or other governmental tribunal;
- • is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group;
- • is necessary to establish or collect monies owing to INFINITI;
- • is necessary to permit INFINITI to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that INFINITI may sustain; or
- • the information is publically available in accordance with the applicable law.
INFINITI will not disclose more Personal Information than is required for the purpose of the disclosure.
INFINITI endeavors to ensure that any Personal Information in its control is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which INFINITI uses or discloses that Personal Information.
INFINITI retains Personal Information as long as INFINITI believes it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. Currently, INFINITI holds Personal Information in Mississauga, Ontario; Denver, Colorado; and Sterling, VA. INFINITI has in place a Records Retention Policy which outlines the procedures for the retention and subsequent disposition of INFINITI records including those records that contain Personal Information.
Personal Information held by INFINITI may be stored or hosted on servers in other countries, including the United States and, as a result, the governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies may require disclosure of your personal information without your consent under the applicable laws of such countries, including the USA Patriot Act.
INFINITI endeavors to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to its offices and information storage facilities so as to help prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of Personal Information.
When our credit application asks users to enter Personal Information, we use "Secure Socket Layers ("SSL")" encryption technology to help safeguard your Personal Information.
INFINITI further protects Personal Information by restricting access to it only to those employees and service providers that have a business need to know it to carry out the purposes indicated above, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law. INFINITI has a policy under which employee misuse of Personal Information is treated as a serious offence for which disciplinary action may be taken.
6. Visiting Infiniti Web Sites
INFINITI does not respond to “do not track” beacons or other such signals.
INFINITI also maintains standard web logs that record data about all visitors to its websites. These logs may contain the:
- • IP address assigned to your computer;
- • type of browser operating system you are using;
- • date and time you visited our websites;
- • pages you viewed on our websites;
- • address of the website from which you linked to our website;
- • Device utilized.
INFINITI uses web logs and clickstream information to help us design and improve our websites, to identify popular site features and to make the sites more useful for visitors. Web logs are recorded in sequential files, and we normally do not attempt to identify individuals from these logs. However, we may use web logs to identify persons trying to break into, disrupt, or damage our website(s) or user experience or as permitted or required by applicable laws.
Interest-Based/Online Behavioural Advertising
INFINITI’s website may contain links to other websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. INFINITI is not responsible for how these third party websites collect, use, or disclose your Personal Information. You should review the privacy policies/statements of all the websites you visit for information about how they handle your Personal Information.
7. Information for Subscribers to INFINITI Connection/InTouch Services
Information we collect through INFINITI Connection/InTouch Services:
We collect information about you and your vehicle several different ways: (i) from what you and the dealer provide to us when you use INFINITI Connection/InTouch Services during a trial period, subscribe to INFINITI Connection/InTouch Services, or buy or lease an INFINITI vehicle; (ii) from your use of your vehicle; (iii) from calls or emails between us or our third party service providers; (iv) from our wireless or satellite carriers; and (v) from the vehicle itself.
The vehicle and driving information we may obtain from the vehicle includes, without limitation, (a) information about the vehicle and its operation, including without limitation, Vehicle Identification Number, GPS and navigation information, speed and distance information, diagnostic trouble codes, maintenance conditions, software version information, and other data to assist in identifying and analyzing the performance of the vehicle; (b) information about your use of the vehicle and any corresponding services, websites and smartphone applications; and (c) data about accidents involving the vehicle (for example, the direction from which the vehicle was hit and which air bags have deployed).
Use and Sharing of Information for INFINITI Connection/InTouch Services:
We may use the information we collect, and provide such information to applicable third party service providers or to any emergency contact designated by you to: (i) provide certain services to you or your vehicle (including, but not limited to, sharing that information with roadside assistance providers, emergency service providers, or others, as needed as part of our delivery of services); (ii) perform an analysis of service usage and maintenance conditions; (iii) communicate with you about your account; (iv) analyze the vehicle performance, and combine with and compare to data gathered from other INFINITI vehicle owners in order to be able to determine aggregate product usage; (v) help you maintain the vehicle; (vi) evaluate and improve vehicle quality and any services related to the vehicle; (vii) prevent fraud or misuse of your vehicle or any related services; (viii) comply with all laws, regulations, and court orders; (ix) protect the rights, property, or safety of INFINITI, you or others; (x) offer you new or additional products or services; or, (xi) perform market research; or, (xii) for purposes of processing the information collected.
For quality assurance purposes, we may monitor and record conversations between our respective response centres and the vehicle occupants. We may also monitor and record any calls coming into our response centres from any source.
For INFINITI Connection/InTouch Services equipped vehicles only
In addition, you will be required to acknowledge, via a pop-up consent statement presented on the navigation screen of your INFINITI vehicle, that your INFINITI vehicle transmits recorded vehicle data to INFINITI. If you click on the “Decline” button, certain information and data may not be available for your use. Some collection and sharing practices are tied to the telematics services we offer. By declining and stopping the collecting and sharing of some information, you are willing to accept limited functionality of the telematics services. Please note that even if you choose to decline, some limited vehicle data may still be collected to improve vehicle quality and any services related to the vehicle.
Updating your account information
It is your obligation to correct or update the subscription information provided when you subscribe to INFINITI Connection/InTouch Services or when that information changes. If you do not notify us of a sale or transfer of your vehicle, we may continue to send reports or other information about the vehicle or the account to the address currently on file with us and/or new owner. In such case, we are not responsible for any privacy loss and/or related damages you may suffer.
You may update this information by calling INFINITI Connection/InTouch Services support at 1-855-444-7244 or updating online at https://Canada.INFINITIConnection.com or https://Canada.INFINITIInTouch.com .
Related privacy policies
8. Accessing and Correcting Personal information
You can review, correct or update some of your Personal Information by contacting customer service - see “Contact Us” below. The type of information available through customer service includes your name, address, telephone/cellphone number, vehicle information and previous contact with customer service. If you wish to request additional information, please send your request to the attention of our Privacy Officer. INFINITI will require sufficient personal information to verify your identity and the details about the personal information you are interested in before processing your request. Where information will be disclosed, INFINITI will endeavor to respond to your request within a reasonable time.
INFINITI will not be able to provide you with access to information that is exempt from disclosure such as: the Personal Information of another individual, commercial proprietary information and information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
9. Opting out of Marketing Promotions
You can unsubscribe from INFINITI’s marketing promotions by either unsubscribing to our marketing emails, or by contacting customer service – see "Contact Us" below for other marketing communications. When you withdraw your consent you may no longer receive information on services and products that may be of value to you, including important information relating to INFINITI Connection/InTouch Services. INFINITI will retain Personal Information if it is required by law, to meet our contractual obligations such as honoring your warranty.
10. Amendments to this Policy
11. INFINITI Dealers
INFINITI dealers are independently owned legal entities separate from INFINITI. You should refer to your INFINITI dealer’s privacy statement/policy to ensure you understand how they handle your Personal Information. When you finance or lease your vehicle through an INFINITI dealer, you may be informed that your Personal Information may be shared with INFINITI and other third parties.
12. Contact Us
INFINITI a division of Nissan Canada Inc.
Customer Information Centre
5290 Orbitor Drive
Mississauga, ON L4W 4Z5
Toll Free Number: 1-800-387-0122
INFINITI Financial Services
a division of Nissan Canada Inc. and Nissan Canada Financial Services Inc.
Client Relations Department
5290 Orbitor Drive
Mississauga, ON L4W 4Z5
Western Canada: 1-800-268-0754
Eastern Canada: 1-800-268-6499
INFINITI a division of Nissan Canada Inc.
5290 Orbitor Drive
Mississauga, ON L4W 4Z5
Attention: Privacy Officer